The Caason Group
Aileron Pastoral Holdings Pty Ltd (APH) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Caason Group.
APH is committed to supplying quality, nutritious, Central Australian beef to meet long term local and international demand.
While cattle is the cornerstone of the business, APH has a strategic growth plan incorporating cropping, feedlot, agistment and domesticated camel. The framework is based on achieving sustainable growth in cyclical markets. The major areas of focus which form this framework include:
- Managing Risk – Plans and activities to mitigate risks associated with the APH Strategy. These include the risks associated with funding, water security, weather & people.
- Best Herd – Establishing Aileron as a preferred Supplier of organic Central Australian beef.
- Operating Structure – Building a contemporary operating structure incorporating best practice management systems: People, Safety, Financial, Asset.
- Diversify – Taking advantage of our water assets to improve herd, develop cropping extending into value add businesses.
- New Technology – Introduce and develop new technologies to support the strategy
- In-conversion organic certification via Southern Cross Certified
For further information regarding the Caason Group visit our website:
Research & Development
Achieving the APH vision requires investment in effective and productive practices. APH is driving projects that innovate and leverage new opportunities including:
- Leveraging existing stock management technology is important. Being able to monitor stock and maintain a comprehensive catalogue means customers will be able to understand more about their purchase than ever. It also means informative tracking of each animal for health and growth.
- In a dry environment keeping water available is critical for animal welfare. APH is currently researching water monitoring units and linked communication technology for remote areas to reduce reliance on human intervention in keeping water up to stock.
- Having high nutrient feed available during times of drought creates a point of difference. APH is working in partnership with Food Fibre and Land International Group (FFLI) in bringing previously unproductive soils to soils producing high crop yields through a process known as Microbial Carbon Farming (MCF).